* This blog post isn't really a response to the Santa Barbara shooting, but more of a response to a response. *
THIS POST CONTAINS CRUDE LANGUAGE
I was strolling along tumblr one evening (as I often do) when I came across a screenshot of some comments that were left on Elliot Rodger's threat video. Here are what comments said:
"Well girls keep that in mind the next time you friendzone somebody."
"See girls this is what you get for treating nice guys like sh*t."
"I don;t blame guns. I blame blondes for this one."
"I hope you women see this and stop being so stuck up and give that one kid some p*ssy who never gets sh*t and you might save a life smdfh this n*gga could've saved his life if only one of you dumb c*nts could give him some sweetness." (I almost threw up when I read that one)
"What a boss, but he should e more smart by being a serial killer, raping and killing girls is way more smart and torture them until martyr state."
You know what a tumblr user had to say to that?
"I am scared to be a woman and that is not okay."
And I completely agree. I find myself walking down the streets of my fairly safe town, plotting what to do if someone were to attack me. Every time I see a van drive by I keep eyeing it to make sure it doesn't slow down near me. I am scared for my life because I am a teenage girl, and that, is not okay.
I don't really have a point to this, I'm just angry, and confused, and a little scared. Let's just treat each other well okay? No one exists for your enjoyment, remember that.
No comments:
Post a Comment