One of my favorite youtubers uploaded a video called "What girls look for in guys". I clicked on this video, knowing that this youtuber is an amazing person and wouldn't want to offend anyone. She clearly states that this is her opinion, but she thinks in general a lot of girls feel that way. All of the things she said were purely personality based and had nothing to do with physical appearance. The problem here was not the video though, the problem is buried in the comment section.
With this being such a controversial topic, I was quite curious to see what other people thought. Instead of seeing comments saying how much her fans loved her, or arguments about how she doesn't agree with feminism (she just doesn't really know what it is), I saw rude and crude comments.
"F*CK ME!"
"This video should be renamed 'What Kate looks for in guys'"
Along with many many more awful and hateful comments.
WHAT THE ACTUAL HECK PEOPLE.
Does anyone REALLY think these things are okay to say? Please educate me on how ANYONE can be satisfied leaving any hate comments.
Now that that's out of the way.... On to the topic at hand.
Girls are all different. We all have different expectations, and "preferences". Chances are, if you are watching a video with that title, you probably shouldn't be worried about your relationship status. Yes, this is coming from a teenage girl, YOU DON'T NEED TO BE IN A RELATIONSHIP NO MATTER HOW OLD YOU ARE. It seems like that's everyone's goal these days. But it seriously is not a priority. And if you are convinced that this person is the person of your dreams, just be yourself. I know, I know, that's what everyone says, but seriously. If they don't like you for who you are, their loss.....
POINT: Be nice to people, be considerate of everyone, and be yourself.
No comments:
Post a Comment